Brought to you by Medinformer
Brought to you by
HOW ADDICTION AFFECTS THE BRAIN
Addiction affects the brain by tapping into its communication system and interferes with the way neurons normally send, receive and process the information.
TYPES OF DRUGS
- Legal drugs-alcohol, nicotine, opioid and pain killers.
- Illegal drugs-heroin and cocaine.
FACTORS CONTRIBUTING TO DRUG ABUSE
- Genetics – genetics do play a role by predisposing in developing an addiction.
- Environment – Divorce, frequent arguments, mental illness, drug and alcohol use.
- Trauma – traumatic events can leave a scar on the mind, and over time victim choose to dull their pain with their drug of choice. These events include: Neglect
- Verbal, physical and sexual abuse Physical altercations, Nature disasters and Accidents
- Terrorism Mental illness – it is a matter of doing something to relieve stress and pain. Peer Pressure – Experiencing a sense of neglected or lack of attachment within
Information from Healthwindow
For more health information
Click on the body area you want to know more about. Select a related health topic from the menu