Brought to you by Cipla & BrandMed
KARDIOFIT HOME MONITORING SOLUTION
A LIFE-CHANGING JOURNEY FOR EVERYONE WITH A CHRONIC CONDITION
So, you’ve just been diagnosed with a chronic disease. Your head is spinning. From trying to understand what your illness is, to managing new medications, controlling your symptoms, keeping friends and family at ease, and making changes to your lifestyle.
The good news is that we’re here to help.
WELCOME TO KARDIOFITBack to top
KardioFit is a revolutionary, world-first, cloud-based automated home monitoring solution for patients diagnosed with hypertension, diabetes, asthma, emphysema and obesity.
The KardioFit App enables you to do it all in one place:
- TRACK – Accurately measure and automatically capture and track your blood pressure, blood sugar, and oxygen levels
- VALIDATED DEVICES – Unlike 94% of home blood pressure monitoring devices sold online, which have not been validated, KardioFit iHealth devices are certified and validated2-5.
- DIRECT LINK – Have immediate access to ER24 in the event of an emergency
- REMINDERS – Receive reminders, tips and guidelines for better management and compliance
- PERSONALISED HEALTH RECORDS – Share your personal electronic health record and home monitoring results with your treating healthcare provider, even in times of social distancing
- CENTRALISED MEDICINE DIARY – Store your generic medication diary in one place
- ACTIVITY – Track your daily exercise and movement
- VIRTUAL CARE – Consult with your Doctor online on a POPIA-compliant, safe and secure platform
- LIFESTYLE PROGRAMME – Access our unique anti-inflammatory lifestyle programme with expert advice on dietary guidelines, exercise routines, and mindfulness techniques.
WHY HOME MONITORING MATTERSBack to top
Did you know that every year 41 million people die from Chronic Lifestyle Diseases6?
This includes, but is not limited to:
• 17.9 million from Cardiovascular Disease
• 9.3 million from Cancers
• 4.1 million from Respiratory disease
• 1.5 million from Diabetes
A study of patients with congestive heart failure, hypertension, diabetes or COPD found that home monitoring resulted in7:
• 34% Decrease in the number of patients visiting an emergency room
• 66% Decrease in the number of hospital stays
• 80% Patient satisfaction
Since you cannot manage what you have not measured, knowing your numbers could prevent the complications and SAVE YOUR LIFE
BENEFITS OF HOME MONITORINGBack to top
Once you have the KardioFit Home Monitoring Solution in the palm of your hand, you will be empowered to actively participate in your treatment and journey towards better health. Daily home monitoring has significant long-term benefits on health and well-being; and reduces additional medical complications down the line.
Benefits may include:
• Improved adherence
• Reduced hospitalisation
• Reduced long-term complications
• Better clinical outcomes
• Greater cost-efficiency
HOW DOES IT WORK?Back to top
• Accurate measurements of your blood pressure, blood sugar, and oxygen levels
• Personalised and shareable Electronic Health Record
• Centralised generic medication diary
• Direct link to ER24
• Reminders and tips for better management
• Access to the Syntro-P Wellbeing Lifestyle Programme
Information video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/Dq6DV2nc0Ps
MORE THAN A DEVICE. A HOME MONITORING SOLUTION.Back to top
We understand that today’s fast-paced lifestyle often gets us nowhere fast. This can negatively affect our health and wellbeing, making adhering to a regular monitoring regime and complying with a medication plan difficult.
That’s why KardioFit has been programmed to automatically send a reminder monitoring email if you have not performed a test within 3 days. It also enables you to set a medication alarm as prescribed – the right dose, at the right time and at the right frequency.
By simply connecting to our simple and easy-to-use KardioFit App, you can enjoy a whole lot more than just a home monitoring device.
SO HOW DO YOU GET STARTED ON THIS JOURNEY TO BETTER HEALTHBack to top
1. Picone DS, Deshpande RA, Schultz MG, et al. Nonvalidated home blood pressure devices dominate the online marketplace in Australia. Hypertension [online]. 6 June 2020 [cited 3 December 2021]; 75(6):15936-1599. Available from: https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/epub/10.1161/
2. Stride BP website. Validated blood pressure monitors. Cited 3 December 2021. Available from: https://
3. Shang F, Zhu Y, Wan LLY. Validation of the iHealth BP5 wireless upper arm blood pressure monitor for self-measurement according to the European Society of Hypertension International Protocol revision 2010. Blood Pressure Monitoring [online]. October 2013 [cited 3 December 2021]; 18(5):278-281. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23797053/
4. Huang J, Li Z, Li G, Liu Z. Validation of the Andon KD-5965 upper-arm blood pressure monitor for home blood pressure monitoring according to the European Society of Hypertension International Protocol revision 2010. Blood Pressure Monitoring [online]. October 2015 [cited 3 December 2021];
20(5):283-285. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25968093/
5. Wang Q, Zhao H, Chen W, et al. Validation of the iHealth BP7 wrist blood pressure monitor, for selfmeasurement, according to the European Society of Hypertension International Protocol revision 2010. Blood Pressure Monitoring [online]. February 2014 [cited 3 December 2021]; 19(1):54-57. Available from: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24361919/
6. World Health Organisation. Fact sheet: Noncommunicable diseases. 13 April 2021 [cited 3 December 2021]. Available from: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/noncommunicable-diseases
7. Paré G, Poba-Nzaou P. Sicotte C. Home telemonitoring for chronic disease management: an economic assessment. International Journal of Technology Assessment in Health Care. 20 March 2013 [cited 3 December 2021]; 29(2). Available from: https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/international-journalof-technology-assessment-in-health-care/article/home-telemonitoring-for-chronic diseasemanagement-an-economic-assessment/7F1211EA7AA7BB99F8C602E2B7B67A0E
For more health information
Click on the body area you want to know more about. Select a related health topic from the menu
WHAT IS METABOLIC SYNDROME? Metabolic syndrome, otherwise known as syndrome x, occurs when a number of conditions happen simultaneously, increasing your risk of heart disease, stroke and diabetes. These are: High blood pressure High blood sugar levels or insulin resistance Body fat accumulating around the waist Irregular cholesterol levels