Natural Healing for mom and baby
Was this helpful?
Was this helpful?
CHOOSING A NATURAL APPROACH TO MEDICINE FOR YOU AND YOUR BABYBack to top
One of the biggest challenges faced by pregnant mums, is the lack of product options you can find for dealing with health issues during your pregnancy. Your GP, Midwife, Pharmacist or clinic sister may shrug their shoulders and shake their heads, “Sorry,” they’ll say, “there isn’t much I can do for you while you’re pregnant.”
Well, you’ll be relieved to know that Homoeopathic remedies have been used to help treat many manners of health concerns during pregnancy, breastfeeding and even new born babies for over 200 years.
- Homeopathy is built on the philosophy that the body has an innate ability to heal itself, and with the right assistance should be encouraged to do just that.
- When it comes to a new-born baby, Homoeopathy uses a holistic and gentle approach to medicine which respects that your baby is a perfect new creation.
Their little bodies meet many health challenges as they grow and as they begin to develop their own immune systems, and Homoeopathy seeks to stimulate the body’s own healing power to overcome these challenges.
- Babies commonly suffer with all sorts of niggles such as runny tummies, difficulty teething, irregular sleeping patterns, constipation, runny noses and coughs, to mention just a few, and moms and dads end up frustrated and anxious and tend to want to try and steer clear of antibiotics or any form of harsh medication when baby is still so little, so looking for a gentle approach is often top-of-mind.
HOW ARE HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES DIFFERENT FROM CONVENTIONAL DRUGS?Back to top
- Homeopathic medicines are chosen for their ability to enhance natural healing processes by closely mimicking the ways the body is trying to heal itself. This principle, called ‘Like cures Like’ is the basis of all homeopathic treatments.
- Each remedy is chosen for how closely it matches the individual way a person’s body chooses to express itself when unwell. For example, there are lots of ways a person can experience nausea or vomiting and the best remedies that match the common ways this is experienced by pregnant women are all included in a homeopathic remedy for morning sickness.
- Because homoeopathic remedies are encouraging improvement in health by enhancing natural function rather than suppressing symptoms, it is a more gentle and less invasive approach, respecting the natural healing power in all of us.
- With the homeopathic approach, symptoms are not viewed as negative signs that must be removed at all cost, but rather signs that the body is unhappy and trying to resolve the problem.
- In a homeopathic approach to illness, the normal responses from our immune system are to be respected and encouraged.
- Homeopathic remedies may be used without worrying about negative side effects and may be used without worry of overdosing
- The remedies may be taken with conventional medicine without affecting that drug absorption or metabolism.
A gentle, sensible choice for you and your baby
- Natura has developed a comprehensive range of 13 homoeopathic remedies designed specifically to assist pregnant women, babies, breastfeeding mums and new parents.
- Mom and Baby by Natura is a range of remedies for everyday parenting challenges designed by homeopaths with decades of experience treating pregnant women, babies and breastfeeding mums.
- The range is regularly recommended by homoeopaths in private practice
- The remedies are for common complaints experienced from conception throughout the pregnancy and for both mom and baby going forward.
- The remedies are easy to administer as they are made in a clever, quick-dissolving Melts format which dissolve in baby’s mouth in 9 seconds
- With new born babies you can dissolve the melt between your fingers and rub it on baby’s tongue, or rub on to gums for teething problems
Was this helpful?
For more health information
Click on the body area you want to know more about. Select a related health topic from the menu